Wigs make life easy. Who wouldn’t want to put on perfect hair? We wear wigs because we want to look our best… and for the convenience. So traveling with them should also be a breeze!
Here are 6 of our Wig Expert tips to keep your wigs and hairpieces looking good on the go.
1. The perfect storage. A super stylish way to travel with wigs and hairpieces is in a functional and chic bag that’s specifically designed for them.
The ResQ Bag & Kit + Mini by Amy Gibson protects wigs, hairpieces, and extensions in a unique mesh lining that minimizes tangles and frizz, making it safe for traveling. It’s also beautiful!
This is by far the best solution… but in a pinch… you can also use a Ziploc baggie. Just make sure it’s filled with air to keep your wig from getting squished.
2. It’s all about options. There is no way to get the versatility of hairstyles with anything other than wigs. Think about when and where you’ll be going on your trip. For peace of mind take more than one wig with you. If you are going somewhere hot… bring a short style… you’ll thank us later! The ability to change your look from day to night will be worth it!
3. Love your hair, and it will love you. When you’re traveling you don’t want to have to stop and wash your hairpieces. The easiest way to keep your wig clean longer is by wearing a headliner. The No Sweat Liner by HEADLINE IT! keeps you dry and comfortable all day long. It absorbs any sweat and moisture so you and your wigs stay fresh. The individually wrapped packages make it easy to take anywhere.
4. Together they stand. A great way to reduce the daily maintenance of a wig is to place her on a wig stand when she’s no longer in use. Not only will this keep her free from tangles and creasing. But it will maintain her style and shape. The foldable versions are best for traveling!
5. A suitcase for everyone. Hair extensions and hair pieces are a great way to add the fullness and volume you deserve while allowing you to change up your look. Traveling with them has never been easier! The Bellami Hair Extensions Carrier & Hanger lets you safely stow-away hair extensions, while protecting them from damage. And the Bellami Hair Extensions Hanger keeps your extensions free from tangles.
6. The right products for the right occasion. Wigs require special care products… even on vacation. And depending on where you’ll be, the right products may not be available. The Try Me Kit for Synthetic Hair by BeautiMark is a line of special daily care products that make it easy to take just what you need on vacation. The 20 ounce bottles are perfect for travel and safe on both synthetic and human hair fiber.
We all need to get away! Hopefully you get to do it often. However, no matter the frequency, make sure you are prepared. Let your hair work for you and not the other way around. Keep yourself as low maintenance as possible… but by all means…. Look good doing it!
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. And don’t forget to leave a comment below let us know if this information was useful to you. What are ways you like to travel with your wigs and hairpieces?
We always want to look and feel our best. Warmer temperatures doesn’t mean you have to give up your style.
Here are 5 of our Wig Expert tips to help you look hot, but stay cool!
1. There are many different types of cap construction. But if keeping cool as a cucumber is your main goal...
Basic and Capless are lightweight designs that allow air to flow more freely, which is certainly a smart choice! Checkout this video for more information about basic and capless wigs.
2. Synthetic wigs are perfect for getting style that lasts. Zero styling hassle makes synthetic wigs a no-brainer for a girl on the go! With the amazing innovations in synthetic fiber, they are nearly undetectable from human hair. And because the fiber is light, you’ll look hot without being hot.You may be interested in our previous post where we compare synthetic and human hair options.
Does giving up your long locks fill you with as much anxiety as the thought of being separated from your phone? We hear ya! Try braiding your hair. There are tons of fun styles that make braids an ideal option for long wigs. And you get more control, as well as a more natural look than you do with a ponytail.
4. We wear sunglasses to protect our eyes from the sun’s UV rays. In the same way misting your wig with a daily protecting, leave-in spray once or twice throughout the day will protect it from the sun. Checkout our care products to keep your wig in tip top shape all year long.
Don’t Sweat It!
5. Wanna know a wig wearer's best kept secret? Sweat liners! We recommend the No Sweat Liner by HEADLINE IT!Not only are they great at wicking away perspiration to keep you dry and comfortable, but the hygienic liner reduces odor causing bacteria. Best of all, it’s disposable.
Although we can't eliminate the heat for you… We hope these tips help keep you looking and feeling a little cooler.
Women going through the beginning, mid/progressive, or advanced stages of hair loss have different and unique coverage needs.
Women in the beginning stage experience minimal hair loss that can be either temporary or permanent. Women’s hair loss usually begins in a diffused pattern on top of the head. At this stage, women with fine, thin hair may not need to resort to a full wig or hair system; a hair topper can successfully cover the areas with less density.
For women in the beginning stage of hair loss who are looking to add coverage and volume to the crown and back of the head, Jon Renau recommends our newest addition to our topper collection: easiCrown.
easiCrown’s base design is a fine mono base with a PU (Polyurethane) perimeter. The strategically placed clips create security while the contour gives this piece the ability to lie flat on your head and blend seamlessly into your hair.
This one-piece volumizer can be heat-styled to create any look. It is available in 12” & 18” lengths in both high heat synthetic fiber (HD fiber) and remy human hair.
Everyone loves long hair. But a short, chic cut is hard to beat for those special occasions. Whether it’s looking sophisticated and elegant, or just staying cool...you need options!
Ellen Wille introduces 3 gorgeous, short, synthetic wigs in a perfect range of natural colors from the HairPower Collection. These cool cuts are designed for every day wear right out of the box. Instant style you can feel great in... Anytime!
Fair Mono is a powerful way to declare a bold yet gentle spirit. Designed to make you feel as confident as you’ll look, the sheer monofilament crown effortlessly blends with your skin tone to give you a natural looking part.
Ellen Wille is known for her attention to detail. Ginger Mono helps you master the art of developing your personal style in a silhouette that’s beautiful and timeless. The lace front gives you the versatility of styling the hair away from your face, while giving you a natural looking hairline.
Want to start your own revolution? Lead the charge in Golf-a rebellious look with loads of personality and femininity. Stay cool as you stand out of the crowd with the open-cap design which gives you optimal ventilation and volume at the crown.
Rocking these flirty styles from Ellen Wille is sure to make you feel like a million. And as the synthetic fiber helps you beat the summer heat, you’ll be having your cake and eating it too.
We want to hear from. Write below and tell us what you think about these new, short styles from Ellen Wille. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
There’s no greater feeling than when we know we're having an amazing hair day!
Wigs make every day a great hair day. But just how much should you spend for great hair?
1. Not all wigs are created equal.
Premium features like lace-front and human hair can make all the difference in how natural your hair looks and feels. But just because one feature is more expensive than another doesn’t make it the right choice for you.
2. Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.
Did you know that a good quality cap can take up to 30 hours to make! The meticulous craftsmanship that goes into each hand-made design ensures wearing your favorite, cute style feels like wearing nothing at all. Learn more about Cap Construction here.
3. Not having to spend hours in the salon chair…Priceless.
Think about the time suck of your last salon visit. Remember the anxiety of hoping they get the cut right? The awkwardness of convincing yourself that “It’s just a haircut” when they didn’t?
Higher-end wigs are all about giving you the perfect salon look without a trip to the salon. You get just the style you want. And because the denier and texture of quality synthetic hair looks and feels so much like human hair, human hair wigs are not your only option. Checkout out our previous post about synthetic and human hair to find out which is really the best choice for you.
Having a great hair day is like a perfectly timed, witty comeback. You feel like you can take on the world. Give yourself permission to feel as great as you know you are. You’re totally worth it!
Write below. We'd like to hear what you think. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
HairDo by Hair U Wear helps you do that thing you do in 3 new styles! Effortlessly switch up your ‘do just in time for summer in the 20inch Invisible Extension, Wave Cut Wig, and Color Splash Pony. The Tru2Life heat-friendly synthetic fiber gives you the freedom to simply style and go. Perfect for mornings when using heat tools just isn’t happenin’.
20inch Invisible Extension
Look ma’, no clips! HairDo’s 20inch Invisible Extension gives you the mega-watt length and volume you’ve been dreaming of in seconds! Just slip it on like a headband and pull your own hair over it. You get a secure fit with no clips. The Tru2Life fibers blends seamlessly into your own hair in 13 salon-inspired colors.
Wave Cut Wig
Waves were never this intense! The Wave Cut Wig gives you long, softly textured layers that fall below the shoulders for the perfect, slightly beachy-wave silhouette. And the aggressive blunt-cut bang adds just the right amount of edge. Get your Boho-babe status on in this most-wanted summer favorite with 10 salon-inspired shades, plus 2 rooted colors for a more natural look.
Color Splash Pony
Bright hues add a splash of intrigue to almost any style. Add length and waves in this 23inch Color Splash Pony. A smooth strip of hair conceals the area where the Pony meets your hair for flawless ‘do they’ll swoon over. Choose natural hair tones with select styles bursting at the ends in highlighted and dip-dyed pastel blue, pink, light green and lavender.
HairDo gives you the freedom to skip the salon this summer in fresh styles that give you just the hair you want. The easy attachments are smartly designed so you can style at the speed of life and get on with it.
We’d love to see how you look in these glamorous looks. Send us a picture on Instagram, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook.