In terms of hair, our days can be summed up as this: the good, the bad, and the ugly.
On good days we’re flying high, flaunting our locks every which way. On bad days we throw on a hat or abuse the allotted one time a week ponytail (kudos if you got the ‘Mean Girls’ movie reference). And on ugly days? You stay home. OK, so no one really stays home due to a bad hair day, but you know you’ve thought about it... We’ve all been there.
Synthetic hair wigs and extensions to the rescue! Whether you’ve lost your hair, or the little you do have doesn’t want to cooperate, wigs and hair extensions are a girl’s best friend. Honestly, when we need the extra help there's no reason why a heat-friendly synthetic hair wig or extension can’t do the trick. You see, once properly styled, your heat-friendly synthetic hair will stay put all day long regardless of what goes on in your environment. Unlike normal hair, synthetic hair doesn’t fall victim to the elements such as humidity and rain. You haven’t seen ugly until your hairstyle has been rained on!
Styling your heat-friendly synthetic hair wigs and hair extensions is very similar to styling your own hair, with only a few exceptions. The following instructions are only for heat-friendly synthetic hair wigs and hair extensions.
Note: We recommend keeping hot tools under 350° Fahrenheit. Also, keep in mind that once you alter your wig and/or hair extension you won’t get the original style back – but don’t worry you can change the style as many times as you’d like!
Curl Heat-Friendly Synthetic Hair with Curling Iron
Want to curl your wig or hair extensions? Easy! Just follow the 3 C’s:
- First of all, DO NOT curl hair while on your head. Use a canvas block or Styrofoam head to style your wig. You can hold down your hair extensions on a table or hold it with your hand and style.
- Make sure you comb hair free of tangles (the Hair Trix Comb by BeautiMark is ideal).
- Take a 1–1.5inch section of hair (smaller sections give you tighter curls, larger sections give you looser curls).
- Gather hair in curling iron, smooth through to the ends, roll up towards weft.
- Hold for 15-20 seconds, release curl into palm.
- Hold the curl in one hand, gather up towards the base and clip it in place.
- Let hair cool completely before removing pin to effectively set the curl.
- Hair can be combed using an appropriate comb.
Straighten Heat-Friendly Synthetic Hair with Flat Iron
Sexy glossy straight hair is super easy!
- Again, DO NOT style hair while on your head.
- Use a canvas block or Styrofoam head to style your wig.
- You can hold down your hair extensions on a table or hold it with your hand and style.
- Take a 1–1.5inch section, starting at least 2inches away from the base. Slowly smooth flat iron down towards end, follow with a comb to keep hair looking smoother.
- Continue through ends (2-3 times if needed).
- Allow hair to hang naturally to cool.
Getting your “wig-on” is all fun and games, however, for the fun to actually continue we have to take proper care of our wigs. Please refer to our Synthetic Hair Special Care page to learn how.
- Duck bill clips
- Hair Trix Comb by BeautiMark
- 1" Nano Ceramic Flat Iron with Smart Heat Controls
- 1" Nano Ceramic Curling Iron with Smart Heat Controls
Now you’re ready to start styling your heat-friendly synthetic hair! Wasn’t that easy?
SHOP ALL: Heat Friendly/Resistant Wigs