There are currently no items selected for compare.
In order to compare items, click "add to compare" on a product page or within quick look.
Call 800-581-2001 for assistance
The Wig Experts Present... How-Tos: A Step by Step Guide to Styling Wigs. From braids to buns, you can easily transform your out-of-the-box look into a new hairstyle in just a few easy steps. With the help of our pictorials below, you'll be able to create these styles yourself at home. So try a new look with your wig today!
OUR HOW-TO GUIDE: BRAIDED BRIDE
- Long lace front wig. We used Gisele by Jon Renau.
- Bobby pins (1-2)
- Hairspray. We used Style & Hold Hairspray by BeautiMark
1. Start with a long lace front wig. We used Gisele by Jon Renau.
2. Take a 2 inch section and braid it, while directing the hair back.
3. Secure the braid in place using a bobby pin.
4. Gather all hair to one side and secure with a hair tie, creating a low pony.
5. Take the ends of your pony and loop them back through the hair tie.
6. Pull and fan the hair out in small sections.
7. Set and hold your look. We used Style & Hold Hairspray by BeautiMark.
8. You now have a casually elegant updo! It’s perfect for your big day… or every day.
OUR HOW-TO GUIDE: SIDE SWEPT
- Long wig. We used Adriana wig by Jon Renau.
- Bobby pins (2-4)
- Hairspray. We used Style & Hold Hairspray by BeautiMark.
1. Make a side part using a rattail comb.
2. Sweep hair over the tip of your ear and let it fall over your natural hairline. This will conceal the edge of the wig.
3. Pin hair to that side with bobby pins (crisscross the pins for the strongest hold). At this point you can apply some hairspray to tame flyways for a smooth finish. And Voilà! You’re done!
OUR HOW-TO GUIDE: ROLLED UPDO
- Long wig. We used Angie by Jon Renau.
- Elastic band (1)
- Bobby pins (2-4)
1. Pull your hair back into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic band. Quick tip: choose a band that matches the hair color so it will blend in.
2. Split hair in half just above your elastic.
3. Loop the ponytail through the space created in step 2 (you’ll create an inside out ponytail).
4. Take the hair left out of the ponytail and wrap it around your finger to create a roll.
5. Secure the rolled up bun with bobby pins before releasing your finger. Quick tip: be sure to keep the hair low and over the hairline to disguise the edge of the wig cap.
6. Set the hairstyle with a medium hold hairspray.
SHOP: ANGIE BY JON RENAU | ALL LONG WIGS | BEAUTIMARK HUMAN HAIR CARE PRODUCTS