There are currently no items selected for compare.
In order to compare items, click "add to compare" on a product page or within quick look.
Call 800-581-2001 for assistance
Side Swept Hair Trend: How-To Wig Tutorial
The Golden Globes and the SAG Awards both had one thing in common: the Side Swept hairstyle.
Even now as we enter New York Fashion Week, we’ve already seen models on the runway in one shoulder tresses; clearly this trend is in motion. Celebrities, models and designers have all been swept away with this easy to do hairstyle. And YOU TOO can have red carpet hair at home… we’ll show you how!
We chose the Adriana wig for a few reasons. First of all, this synthetic hair wig comes with a beautiful ready-to-wear wave pattern that best matched the locks we saw on the red carpet. However, if you have a human hair or heat-friendly synthetic hair wig (or your own hair) you can recreate the curls using a 1” curling iron. Also, this wig has a lace front and a monofilament top. This type of cap construction is perfect for this hairstyle because it will give your side part the most realistic look.
This hairstyle is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Just follow the detailed steps below and give yourself a wig-over with this super easy tutorial.
What you’ll need for the Side Swept hairstyle:
- Adriana wig by Jon Renau (Note: Watch the product video on Adriana)
- Bobby pins (2-4)
- Hairspray (be sure to use the appropriate hair product for your wig, we used theStyle & Hold Synthetic Hairspray by BeautiMark)
- Make a side part using a rattail comb.
- Sweep hair over the tip of your ear and let it fall over your natural hairline. This will conceal the edge of the wig.
- Pin hair to that side with bobby pins (crisscross the pins for the strongest hold). At this point you can apply some hairspray to tame flyways for a smooth finish.
And Voilà! You’re done!
This post was posted in How-to Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and was tagged with hair trends, hair tutorial, red carpet hair, red carpet hairstyles, side swept hairstyle, side swept wig tutorial, Wig tutorial