“I think that the most important thing a woman can have- next to talent, of course- is her hairdresser.”― Joan Crawford
No one says it better than the incomparable Joan Crawford. One of the most iconic women in the early days of the Hollywood film industry, if anyone knew beauty, she did. Granted, some of her ideas may seem a bit unorthodox, but she was always clear that beauty was never for a man.
Beauty should be an enjoyable experience, but in these harsh winter months, it suddenly becomes much more difficult to manage. Partially due to the weather and it’s dreary mood, sometimes getting ready can seem more of a trial than a zen experience. But, there are a few things you should keep in mind for the cold winter months to keep you hair looking healthy and keep you feeling happy as we patiently await the coming spring.
You Can Use Human Hair Wig Shampoo On Natural Hair!DO’s
- Use a conditioning treatment at least once a week to replenish moisture lost from the dry, cold air. This is a quick and easy fix that you can use at night before you go to sleep, or in the morning as you continue with your usual routine. We love using the Intensive Recovery Conditioner by BeautiMark as a deep conditioning treatment! Leave in hair for 10+ minutes and rinse.
- Turn the temperature down on your shower. I know, this one is going to be difficult - especially if you live in a colder climate. But, if you take hotter showers, the heat can actually cause damage of its own. Using warm water is softer on the scalp and hair follicles, while hot water can stifle hair growth and cause more hair breakage.
- Get a trim. Having usual haircuts can promote healthier hair by removing any buildup and trimming off any breakage.
- Use a hair serum. The Luster Serum by BeautiMark is a lightweight serum that soaks in quickly and protects & moisturizes hair while leaving behind a delicate scent
- Wear a wig! Forego styling your hair with heat tools and products by wearing a wig. This will keep your natural hair protected from cold, winter air. People won't even know it's a wig!
Human Hair Wig Conditioner
- Wash your hair every day: Over shampooing can cause dry, damaged hair to break off quicker. Reduce shampooing to once or twice a week.
- When you shower, avoid getting your head wet if you don’t intend on washing it. Invest in a shower cap to keep hair dry.
- Do not use a hair dryer to dry your hair. In the colder months, when your hair is already screaming out for moisture, the dry air from the hair dryer or from other heat stylers will only cause more breakage and damage. If you have the time, use a microfiber towel to dry hair to a damp state and then allow hair to air dry.
The most important thing to remember when it comes to your hair goes the same for your skin: MOISTURIZE! Despite your skin/hair type, the cold of winter can cause more damage than you realize. Take the proper steps to keep the natural oils plentiful. Try using a moisture mask to keep your skin and hair supple, strong and healthy looking.