CLEARANCE | UP TO 50% OFF
Have an account?
Log in to check out faster.
Add Shipping Protection
Protect your package i
The Wig Experts Present... How To's: A Step by Step Guide to Styling Wigs. From braids to buns, you can easily transform your out-of-the-box look into a new hairstyle in just a few easy steps. With the help of our pictorials and videos below, you'll be able to create these styles yourself at home. So try a new look with your wig today!
Need help with other wearable hair problems, ask one of our experts 1-800-581-2001
Step 1: DetangleBefore you wash, make sure you carefully detangle the hair using a wide tooth comb. Start from ends and work toward the root to decrease shedding.
Step 2: RinseUse lukewarm water and rinse from roots to ends. Do not soak as this can lead to tangling. Tip: If your wig is curly, try leaving the hairnet on
Step 3: ShampooLoosen shampoo in your hands and work through the hair. Distribute a small amount of shampoo evenly throughout the hair. Tip: Use circular motions to clean the cap
Step 4: ConditionA) For synthetic hair wigs: Spray Leave-in Conditioner from the mid-shaft to the ends. Tip: Avoid the root or knots B) For human hair wigs: Leave in for a few minutes before rinsing. Do NOT apply conditioner to the root. Tip: If dry or damaged, use a deep conditioner
Step 5: RinseLet lukewarm water flow in the same direction of the hair to avoid tangling. Squeeze and press the hair; do NOT wring. Tip: Towel blot to remove excess water
Step 6: DryA) For synthetic hair: Air dry on a folding wig stand Tip: Gently part the hair with a comb before wig dries B) For human hair: Blow dry about 80% and then round brush until smooth
1. Start with a long lace front wig. We used Limelight by Raquel Welch.
2. Take two 1 inch sections on left side, and after applying Shaping Crème by BeautiMark to your fingertips, twist the two sections until you’re about 3 inches from ends.
3. Pull the twist across and secure with a bobby pin.
4. Repeat Step 2 on the right side.
5. Repeat Step 3 on the right side.
For the final look, we recommend setting with Flex-Hold Hairspray by BeautiMark. The Half Crown Twist hairstyle can be dressed up or down to complete any look.
1: DETANGLEUse a wide toothed comb to detangle a section at a time starting from the end of the hair to prevent breakage. (We recommend detangling small sections for smaller curls and larger sections for bigger curls.)
2: MISTLightly mist this detangled section using Leave-In Conditioner by Beautimark to give a little sheen and some softness to the fiber.
3: TWISTUsing your finger, twist the curls back in place.Note:* - If the curl does not achieve a natural shape, try curling it again in the opposite direction.
4: SECTION IT OUTContinue moving around the wig in small sections until the entire wig is
5: KEEP IT ALL TOGETHERYou can use a hair net to keep your finished work in place.
1. Use a comb or brush with a pointed end to create a clean side part.
2. Create a low pony using a clear elastic band (we used black so you can see the technique).
3. Get the loop by pulling the last section halfway through.
4. Take the ends of the pony and create a second loop of hair by pulling them back into the elastic band.
5. Secure the top loop by sliding a bobby pin in on the right side.
6. Add another pin on the left then separate both loops as desired. The straight ends give it a modern finish. The look shouldn't be too neat – the cool effect comes from imperfections!
7. Add final touches (Cascade by Ellen Wille has longer bangs that we pulled out to frame the face). Use hairspray to hold the style in place.
1. Start with a long lace front wig. We used Gisele by Jon Renau.
2. Take a 2 inch section and braid it, while directing the hair back.
3. Secure the braid in place using a bobby pin.
4. Gather all hair to one side and secure with a hair tie, creating a low pony.
5. Take the ends of your pony and loop them back through the hair tie.
6. Pull and fan the hair out in small sections.
7. Set and hold your look with Flex-Hold Hairspray
8. You now have a casually elegant updo! It’s perfect for your big day… or every day.
1. Make a side part using a rattail comb.
2. Sweep hair over the tip of your ear and let it fall over your natural hairline. This will conceal the edge of the wig.
3. Pin hair to that side with bobby pins (crisscross the pins for the strongest hold). At this point you can apply some hairspray to tame flyways for a smooth finish. And Voilà! You’re done!
1. Pull your hair back into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic band. Quick tip: choose a band that matches the hair color so it will blend in.
2. Split hair in half just above your elastic.
3. Loop the ponytail through the space created in step 2 (you’ll create an inside out ponytail).
4. Take the hair left out of the ponytail and wrap it around your finger to create a roll.
5. Secure the rolled up bun with bobby pins before releasing your finger. Quick tip: be sure to keep the hair low and over the hairline to disguise the edge of the wig cap.
6. Set the hairstyle with a medium hold hairspray.
1. Set your curling iron to a maximum temperature set at 270° F - 280° F. Any higher will damage the fibers.
2. The secret to perfecting this style is leaving the ends straight. Start by taking a 1 inch width piece of hair from the part and wrap it around the barrel of the curling iron leaving about 2 inches uncurled.
3. With the curling iron twist the hair away from your face to create an outward curl.
4. Hold for about 5-10 seconds.
5. Pull the barrel lower on the curl and hold for another 2-3 seconds.
6. Gently pull the curl as you remove the curling iron from the hair.
7. Repeat this process working your way around your head until you arrive at the other side of the part.
8. Run your fingers through your hair a few times to soften the curls.
9. Now you have the perfect loose wave!
Guarantee your packages in the US by protecting them against loss, theft, or damage.
Enhanced Protection from Life’s Challenges
What is Shipping Protection?
We want you to receive your piece in perfect condition, but sometimes things happen to packages while in transit that can't be controlled. If you’re a customer in the contiguous United States, you can add this layer of protection to make sure your package is covered if it happens to get lost, stolen, or damaged. To help mitigate these shipping issues, we provide enhanced protection to your order for a small fee at the time of checkout. This fee covers the following shipping issues: